In many rural communities across the UK, vital service are being lost or withdrawn – it’s estimated around 400 village shops and rural pubs close each year. However, a growing number of communities are taking matters into their own hands and across Scotland local people are setting up enterprising projects like shops, pubs and transport schemes to help reverse the trend of rural decline for their community.
If you want to help your community save or set up an enterprising service in your village, then help is at hand as the Big Lottery Fund’s Village SOS Roadshow comes to town. Dunfermline will play host for the only Scottish date, which will be held at the Carnegie Conference Centre on Thursday 28 June from 10am to 3.30pm.
The day will include:
- Learning about exciting funding opportunities from the Big Lottery Fund
- Inspiring talks from experts and community organisers
- Interactive skills, workshops and exhibitions
You should come if you:
- Are passionate about rural revival but don’t know how to kick start your ideas
- Need advice and input for your enterprise
- Are from a community support organisation and want to know more
For more information about the event and details of how you can book your free place there, visit www.villagesos.org.uk .