Over the next three years the Big Lottery Fund and Highlands and Islands Enterprise will work together to deliver the Scottish Land Fund on behalf of the Scottish Government. To help us achieve this we are currently recruiting for five members, including the Chair of the Scottish Land Fund Committee, who will make the decisions on applications and provide feedback and strategic advice on the delivery of the £6 million fund.
The Scottish Land Fund will provide practical support and funding to enable local people to work together to develop their ideas and aspirations and plan and complete viable land and land assets acquisition projects.
• an understanding of the aims of the Scottish Land Fund;
• experience of allocating funding, for example, through grant making or investing funds;
• expertise in one or more of the following areas: business, finance, economic development and regeneration, capital projects, forestry, agriculture or crofting and rural community development, community ownership;
• An understanding of issues relating to land reform and land ownership in Scotland;
• Understanding and commitment to diversity issues;
• Experience of working in partnership with different stakeholders (for example, other funders, public, voluntary or private sector agencies).
Committee members will be appointed for up to three years and the time commitment is expected to be up to eight days per year.
You can find out more about the Scottish Land Fund here.