With just nine days left until the deadline for applications, we would like to give you a few final hints and tips around applying to the Support and Connect funding programme.
Support and Connect provides grants of between £10,000 and £350,000 to support people experiencing hardship through projects providing welfare advice, financial advice, clothing and household goods or that are addressing food or fuel poverty. We also want to see projects improve support by making links with other hardship services.
The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 6 September 2013.
We recommend you don’t leave it till the last minute to submit your application just in case you have any IT problems. You should receive an acknowledgement email but if you don’t please contact us.
With competition likely to be strong for the £5M available, we also have some tips for applicants based on the first round of applications to Support and Connect:
- Make clear in your application form how your project links with other hardship support services or organisations in your local area – don’t assume we will know this
- Check whether any organisations in your area were funded under the first round by clicking here, as this may highlight some other organisations you should speak to (to make links with and make sure there’s no overlap with what you want to do.
- Think about your project costs so that your application represents good value for money
- Use the project examples here to help you complete the form – particularly around outcomes
- Remember we may not contact you during assessment therefore the information you provide in the form is very important as that’s what you’ll be assessed on.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com