The Coastal Communities Fund has today reopened its doors to applications from Scottish organisations. The announcement comes on the same day as HM Treasury announces the successful projects which have received awards from the last round of the Coastal Communities fund. You can find out which Scottish projects are celebrating today here.
To help assess whether projects are suitable for funding from Coastal Communities and to support organisations wishing to apply, the Big Lottery Fund in Scotland will be running a webinar on 18 March 2014. If you are interested in applying you can book your webinar place here.
The Coastal Communities Fund, which is delivered by The Big Lottery Fund on behalf of the UK Government, aims to encourage the economic development of coastal communities by giving them funding to create sustainable economic growth and jobs.
Scottish organisations have until 30 April 2014 to submit their stage one applications. Grants of £50,000 and over are available. The following types of organisation are eligible to apply:
- local authorities
- development agencies
- other public sector bodies
- voluntary and community sector organisations
- social enterprises, including cooperatives and community ownership initiatives
- private sector companies.
In Scotland applications will be particularly welcomed:
- from small and medium size coastal communities with a population of around 60,000 or less, facing economic challenges
- that promote sustainable economic growth and jobs through economic diversification activities in coastal communities that enable the growth of local businesses
- that complement strategic regeneration initiatives within coastal communities.
For Coastal Communities Fund round three, we are looking for fully developed projects that can spend their award by 31 December 2016. It is important for potential applicants to be aware of this requirement.
Projects seeking over £100,000 from Coastal Communities Fund for capital works should contact us to book a pre-application interview to discuss the eligibility of your project by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0845 4 10 20 30.