Skip to content

Awards for All success

December 16, 2014

A project providing horticultural work experience for people with learning difficulties is one of 71 across the country sharing in the latest grants from our Awards for All Scotland programme.

Silver Birch (Scotland) Ltd today receives £9,993 to create a’Body and Mind’ Garden on their site in Milton of Campsie for the benefit of people like Tina Tait, who has moderate learning difficulties.

Tina, 46, has been coming to the project for seven years. She said: “Over the past few years I’ve learned various skills including vegetable cultivation and production.  My confidence and communication with others has also improved and I really like working with the staff at Silver Birch and working with all the various teams here.”

Tina Tait

Tina has developed her skill and confidence thanks to Silver Birch Scotland

The project has also encouraged Tina to think about her plans for the future.  She continued: “Getting my Recognition of Individual Achievement in Horticulture Award a couple of years ago has inspired me to think about completing a SVQ qualification in horticulture. I’m really looking forward to the new garden being completed as it will be a great place for me to learn more and to develop the skills I have already learned.  It will also be a nice area for everyone to relax and chill out during our break times.”

Welcoming the award, Silver Birch (Scotland) Ltd, Business and Development Manager, Mark McCrorie, said: “We are delighted to receive this Awards for All grant, which will allow us to develop this new and exciting project.  When complete, the garden will be an interactive area which will encourage our clients to learn and develop their skills in a relaxing and alternative way.  We aim to promote the garden within the local community and encourage people to visit and learn more about horticulture and the work we do to support people living with a learning disability.  I’d like to thank Awards for All for this grant, without which this project would not have been possible.”

You can find out more about Awards for All and how to apply here.

N (1) Want to receive content like this regularly?
Sign up to our Scotland eBulletin now!

16 Comments leave one →
  1. March 21, 2015 3:18 pm

La loi ne vous oblige pas à obtenir une assurance pour protéger
    votre voiture contre les dommages matériels qui lui seraient causés.

2. May 20, 2015 8:44 am

The College of Enterprise and Behavioral Science at Clemson College offers
    bachelor’s and master’s diploma packages in advertising.

3. May 26, 2015 1:28 pm

You also can eliminate the need to spend gas money and the time commuting if you worked outside your home.
    Perfect for the office, a night on the town or a
    special occasion, pop on a pair of stilettos and you.
    Choose the product from a wide range of products,
    visible on the computer screen and apply eye-catching colors.

4. May 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Since summer has arrived, some of the most popular organic
    items on the site are the organic and natural sunscreens and after burn skin care.
    Leave Dark Beauty Castle in Disney Epic Mickey– step 8:.
    Unlock the secret ingredient that has the ability to rejuvenate
    aging skin.

5. June 13, 2015 7:07 am

Hello to every single one, it’s truly a pleasant for me to pay a visit this web page, it contains important
    Information.

6. October 20, 2015 12:23 am

Good day very cool blog!! Man .. Excellent ..
    Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your site and take the feeds also?
    I am happy to search out a lot of useful information here within the
    put up, we need develop more techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing.
    . . . . .

7. November 8, 2015 6:16 am

Am pleased today that he helped me and i can proudly say that
    my husband is now with me once more and he is now in love with me like never before.
    Am joyful right now that he helped me additionally and i can proudly say that my
    HUSBAND is now with me once more and he’s now in love with me like never before.
    My husband who said he would not have something to do with me
    again known as me and began begging me. he is
    back now with so much love and careing.

8. November 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Obama’s brand-new method will make it possible for government
    moneyed resdarchers to make use off numerous new embryonic
    stem cell lines.

9. December 4, 2015 8:57 am

See, Americans at all times had a propensity to purchase big
    American cars – and even 15 years after WWII ended, most Individuals have
    been still not buying small German cars.

10. June 4, 2016 9:25 pm

Individuals who have got utilized and purchased the
    product only saw results and they did not experience virtually any
    negative side outcomes. Lemon and orange are citrus fruits which
    are well known for their acidic properties which works well
    when our aim is to lightening our skin. And
    Mercury in addition has been employed in skin-whitening commodities at the same time.

11. June 13, 2016 12:14 am

So, the 4g iphone shows all websites that Google treat as link exchange schemes.
    People cannot think about a certtain hotel if they cannot encompass a concept about
    which it.

12. August 28, 2016 11:18 am

Master introduced, cooking seafood is very particular about the furnace, the furnace had a seafood will become “tough” and lost refreshing degree, so each species in accordance with
    the procedures to do their very test effort. Each one, sauces splash in between the cheek teeth,
    very “mess flavor. Poon Choi accompanied by abalone, shark’s fin, sea cucumber and other valuable ingredients.

13. September 22, 2016 12:29 am

A ffew days ago, I waas attempting to take on a small rifgt aall by my lonely.
    I had no difficulty with it untiil I got to the laset boss, who kept
    cleaning the ground with me in my DPS specification. So I figured that tanking was
    the answer, however without a healer at my back, I couldn’t harm him down enough
    prior too I fell.

14. December 16, 2016 11:23 am

On this rating, when the price return objective is achieved, revenue taking is really helpful in an effort to safeguard portfolio worth.

15. January 3, 2017 11:48 am

whoah this weblog is magnificent i love studying your posts.
    Keep up the great work! You realize, a lot of people are looking round for this information, you can aid them greatly.

16. February 5, 2017 12:25 pm

John Payne, tells On-line Poker Report that online playing is on observe for consideration in June.