Previously we’ve told you about the three approaches we’d like to see in our new funding portfolio – vital support, prevention and community-led and the conversations we’ve been having with a range of people to test ideas, gather opinion and consider options.
Here at the Big Lottery Fund we thought you might be interested to know the sort of dilemmas we’re grappling with when developing our new funding portfolio. It would be interesting to get your take on some of these:
- Open outcomes….tighter outcomes
- Immediate support….Early action, prevention
- Previous grantholders….New applicants
- What we know works….Riskier activity
- Split funding by area….Purely demand led
- Long term funding….Short term funding
- Lots of small projects….Fewer large projects
- Application support….Project support
- More support….More funding
- Quicker assessment….In-depth assessment
None of these are a choice of one over the other and in most we’re looking at how we can get a balance of both in our portfolio. There will always be an element of judgement and weighting of priorities.
Why don’t you choose one or two of the dilemmas and let us know what your preferences are?
You can email your thoughts to Scotland.email@example.com
You can also follow the journey by subscribing to bigblogscotland.org.uk
Finally, you can leave comments at the bottom of this blog