Over the years many of my colleagues have written blog posts that shared our best hints, tips and advice when applying for funding from The National Lottery Community Fund.
As most of these blog posts are still relevant when applying for funding today, I thought it might be helpful to bring all of our most popular funding advice blogs together into one single article (this one!) for people to refer to.
With this in mind, below is a list of links to a range of blog posts that you may find useful if you are considering applying for funding, or are already in the process of putting together your application.
Are you eligible to apply?
Applying for £10k or less
- Looking for up to £10k?
- What a Funding Officer wants to know! (VIDEO)
- A popular request for grants of this size is to fund sessional workers. Read our guide on sessional workers.
Applying for more than £10k
- How to apply for grants for our Improving Lives and Community-Led Activity grants
- Your FAQs on our grants for Improving Lives and Community-Led Activity
- Community-Led Activity grants: How much funding to apply for
- Improving Lives grants: our 3 top facts
- Improving Lives grants: Need more than £150k? Here’s some advice…
- Improving Lives grants: Busting some myths about grants over £150k
Grants for capital and building work
- Can we get funding to improve our building?
- 4 things you need to know about our Community Assets funding
- Did you know? The Scottish Land Fund can also support urban projects
Completing application forms
- Why you should involve your community in your funding application
- Blogs on perfecting your applications: our 6 dos and don’ts, and the top tips from fundraising professionals
- Our top 5 tips to make us love your application
- Why you don’t need to be an author to write a good funding application
- How to use other people’s evidence in your application
Our three approaches (we want to fund work that is strengths-based, connected and people-led)
- Case studies of the three approaches: strengths-based, connected and people-led
- How Funding Officers assess applications using the three approaches
Nervous about applying for funding? Don’t be!
- Hear about how Angela went from viewing us as a scary funder to a valued partner or Pat’s journey from one-off to regular funding
- Find out more about the different ways to contact us depending on your needs
A sample of our recent funding application success rates
- Ever wondered how likely you are to receive funding from us? View our latest success rates
Other tips and advice
- Beware of consultancy services for funding bids
- 7 myths about The National Lottery Community Scotland – don’t get caught out!
- Funding for faith-based organisations: a quick guide
I hope you find the above list of blog posts useful when making your next funding application.
We will aim to update this blog as we write more posts. So if you have a favourite blog post of ours that you like to refer to when making an application and it isn’t included here, feel free to mention it in the comments below!
Interested in applying for funding? Please click here to view the funding opportunities we have available at the moment.