Community Spaces Scotland provides funding of £10,000 – £250,000 to help communities become more involved in and take responsibility for communal places. This will bring communities together while making them healthier and happier. We will fund communities to improve the appearance, accessibility and sustainability of local places.
For the current round of this programme, we have increased the number of areas to be targeted for this funding.
What are we looking for?
Projects must achieve all three of the following outcomes under Community Spaces Scotland:
- Communities come together to make better use of local spaces and places.
- Communities come together to improve their environment.
- Communities come together to get healthier and be more active
Who can apply?
Because of the limited funding available through this programme, we’ve made the decision that this funding will be specifically targeted to those areas of Scotland that need it the most. Your project must serve a community in a targeted area. You can check the list of eligible areas using our eligibility checker on our website.
Organisations which are eligible to apply include:
- Voluntary and community organisations
- Community councils
- Social enterprises
- Private companies (provided our grants do not contribute to the profits they distribute).
While we encourage the involvement and support of statutory bodies in your application, local authorities are unable to apply. We cannot fund individuals or sole traders.
What can you apply for?
We expect to fund a wide range of activities involving meeting, recreation and community green spaces. Examples include providing facilities for community activity through developing and improving:
- local parks
- community paths and gardens
- play parks
- community centres, and
- village halls.
What to do next
- First, you should confirm whether you are eligible to apply for this funding by using our eligibility checker.
- Questions about Community Spaces Scotland? Find out more
Information team: email@example.com