Our final countdown for funding applications worth over £50,000 is on. Investing in Communities – our large grants programme in Scotland – will close to all new applications at 12 noon on Tuesday June 30th 2015.
Over the last few weeks and days we are expecting to be busy on the phones and email helping projects with questions and queries they may have about our programmes or application processes. The easiest way to ensure that the Big Scotland Advice team answer any questions you might have is to send us an email:
Since we announced a closure date for Investing in Communities earlier this year, we have experienced an increase in demand and we expect this trend to continue until the deadline at the end of June. As a result it’s likely the proportion of successful applications will be lower than it has been in the past, and there will be a higher bar for success.
We want to see a wide range of applications for Investing in Communities, there is still time to apply and we are always keen to see good applications.
However we will prioritise applications which:
- Support individuals and communities in the most disadvantaged places, ideally at a neighbourhood level
- Show strong levels of community connection and engagement
You can find out more about our priorities for Investing in Communities here
And have a look at the top questions that are being asked about Investing in Communities here
Closing Investing in Communities to new applications means we have time to process the large numbers of applications we expect to receive at this time, and to prepare for the introduction of our new programmes, which is planned for later in 2015.
We expect to be busy supporting customers over the phone and email and have increased our team to offer extra help at this time. However there are other places where you might be able to more easily get information rather than waiting for an email from us.
- For information on small grants under £10,000, including Awards for All you can watch and listen again to our small grants masterclass here
Or you can ASK BIG about Awards for All and Investing in Ideas here
- Scottish Land Fund remains open for funding up to £750,000 for rural communities looking to use the Community Right to Buy or to purchase community assets and land
- Young Start for projects working with 8 to 24 year olds is also still open offering funding of up to £50,000 https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/200000000026943817;jsessionid=abcH0hzcwZG1h_vGs0V2u